Since 1970, the programs of archaeological excavation, analysis and publication developed at Chalain and Clairvaux have involved about 40 specialists and volunteers. These researchers are from the following institutions:
The Chronoecology Laboratory (UMR 6565, National Center for Scientific Research and the University of Franche-Comté).
UFR Sciences, La Bouloie
16, route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
The Ain Valley Archaeological Research Center (CRAVA) 14, Hameau de Bouzailles 39130 Clairvaux-les-lacs, France.
The following organizations have supported both research activities and public presentations:
- The Ministry of Culture, Archaeology Sub-Division
- The National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- ("Life, Environment and Societies" Program)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- (Social Sciences and Archaeology Division)
- The Regional Office for Cultural Affairs
- (Regional Archaeology Department and Regional Historical Monuments Department)
- The Franche-Comté Regional Council
- The Jura General Council
- The city of Lons-le-Saunier
- (Archaeology Museum)
- The Lake Region Community of Municipalities.
CNRS and University of Franche-Comté.
Studying a hearth at Chalain 2 C,
30th century BCE.