A local road now encroaches on the so-called "butte aux lutins" (Goblin Hill). The hill is capped by a large, irregularly shaped cairn some forty meters in diameter. Three passage graves emerge from the cairn. It is marked by four menhirs, three on its western limit and one on its northern limit.

The group was studied on several occasions between 1866 and 1901 and was restored in 1921. It revealed a number of disparate artefacts, but none of any major interest. 

The central dolmen opens to the East. Two features point to an earlier date than the other monuments: firstly, its entrance is blocked by the neighbouring monument to the east of it, secondly, its quadrangular chamber is clearly delimited by monolithic slabs. 

The two other dolmens are parallel, with their entrance lying on the south side. They both have a trapezoidal chamber that gradually widens out from the passage.

The western dolmen clearly stands out from the cairn and therefore seems more spectacular, whereas the eastern dolmen is the most interesting in terms of size (more than 11m in length) and decoration (6 out of 27 pillar stones are decorated).

The group comprises a "lozenge-shaped" slab which recalls the decorated capstone of la Table-des-Marchands, as well as "zigzag lines and grids" similar to those at Kercado.

Next slide
Previous slide

The western (in the background) and central (on the left) dolmens of Mané-Kerioned. The northern menhir is in the foreground.

Inner elevation of the chamber of the western Mané-Kerioned dolmen (the eastern wall showing two of the main decorated pillars).