View of the château of Saint-Germain, the restored keep, 1865


This photograph, taken by Charles-François Bossu, known as Marville, in July 1865, shows the progress of the restoration work on the château, led by Eugène Millet. The keep is free of work and the exterior façade of the museum’s rooms has been restored.



Vist the site : Aux sources de l'Archéologie nationale