View of the courtyard of the château of Saint-Germain, 1862


This photograph, taken by Charles-François Bossu, known as Marville, in 1862, shows the state of the château’s courtyard when Eugène Millet’s restoration work began. The restoration began in 1862 and was completed in 1907. The museum had opened to the public in 1867.



Vist the site : Aux sources de l'Archéologie nationale